This was organised by DIPP and CII and talked about what showcasing India's IPR initiatives, achievements & its importance in shaping the Nation's future.
The key focus was simple. IPR are going to be here and profits and growth need protection of your IPR.
CII also felicitated following individuals/companies in different area.
- Hindustan Unilever got award for getting over 300 patents granted last year (over 300).
- Reliance Industry got award for getting maximum brand names registerd.
- Bill Clair, Pune got award for innovative packaging for pharma industry
- Venkat Reddy of Andhra Pradesh got award for grassroot development for patenting novel method of improving soil fertility and getting this patented in multiple countries.
Speakers included following persons
- Ramesh Adiage - Chairman CII Task Force on IP Policy and ED Ranbaxy Lab
- NN Prasad - Jt Secretary DIPP
- JM Khanna - Ex Director Jubilant Organosys Ltd
- Dr T Ramasami - Secretary,DST
- R Saha - Member CII National Committee of IP Owners, TIFAC
- Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul - Delhi High Court
I interacted with some persons and learned few new things.
Anjan Das (senior Director CII and Head - Technology, Innovation, IPR and Life Sciences) who talked about GITA which can help individual innovators. He invited me to learn about it and even visit CII to meet him.
Dr Nitin Deshpande (Patent Attorney - Registered Patent Agent, Unilever Research Banglore). He takes care of patents by Unilever group.
Ridhima Dhar from Evalueserve.com. She said that she works for Business Development for her company. Her company takes care of patent drafting and other IPR related service.
Dr Monika Shukla(consultant) and Mr D.N.Verma(Vice President-Legal) from Sanshadow Consultants Pvt Ltd)
Siddharth Kumar (Journalist with PTI) . I shared with him about my innovation on traffic lights. He promised that he will be doing a story on this.
Somanth Chowdhury (Consultant). He was tech editor with EFY 2 years back and published my articles on Vending Machine. (See my visual CV for article). I also discussed with him about suggesting some one who can work with me on profit sharing basis for embedded development.
Srikanta K Panigrahi (Director General Carbon Minis India, ex Director -Planning Commission).